This report is respectfully submitted to the RHSAA Board of Directors
to outline the accomplishments made since the inception of the
Association. While it is not meant to be all-inclusive of the goals
and accomplishments of the organization to date, it shows the results
of tremendous efforts by committed and dedicated volunteers over the
past several years to grow RHSAA into a healthy organization that can
serve its mission of supporting Roosevelt High School, its alumni and
- Established RHSAA as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit association with a
board of directors, bylaws and standing committees.
- Established a Homecoming Parade and other related Homecoming
activities including Alumni Dinner Honoring RHS Alums and gathering
alums from all classes.
- Created a database of more than 2,000 RHS alums.
- Developed and designed Rough Rider support signs to be placed in
local businesses in partnership with Anderson Signs. The signs were
sold as a fund raiser.
- Partnered with the School of Engineering at the University of
Portland and RHS students to build a parade float. The float then
appeared in the St. Johns Parade and the Rose Festival Starlight
Parade in front of 250,000 people and many more on TV.
- Kadel's Auto Body shop produced the RHS motorized football helmet
which also appeared in local parades.
- Worked with Feeder school development and alignment and support
- Engaged the various community stakeholders to see RHS as their
- Helped pass the Bond Measure for the modernization of Roosevelt.
- Tim Nishitani designed a sympathy card and multi-purpose card
usage, Barb at the ESD provides printing and Melinda Stoneburg
arranges for cards to be sent to family members.
- Supported a variety of RHS related projects: TRAC, Athletic
events, Drama, Academics, Arts.
Finance & Development Accomplishments
- Planned and implemented activities to establish a stronger
financial foundation for RHSAA based on the goals of making a small
profit on the alumni dinner, raising money at the dinner (wine
grab), and completing a year-end appeal.
- Developed and approved a fundraising policy.
- Acquired and began using financial software.
- Established financial books & reporting.
- Filed appropriate tax returns.
- Established procedures for receipts of funds and disbursement of
- Reimbursed expenses pending for establishment of RHSAA.
- Established Donor List of 2011 and 2012.
- Sent acknowledgment letters to each donor for 2012 donations in
- Conducted a successful year-end appeal to establish operating
- Established an active History/Archivist committee.
- Secured all Rose Festival Princess and Queen Pictures.
- Secured Student Body President pictures from 1948 to 2001.
- Obtained authorization from Principal and Vice Principal for
Heritage Hall to display the pictures of Rose Festival Princesses
and Student Body Presidents.
- Secured trophies and stored in basement of RHS.
- Secured and stored various yearbooks from school storage.
- Held a successful alumni dinner and homecoming events.