This report is respectfully submitted to the RHSAA Board of Directors to outline the accomplishments made since the inception of the Association.
While it is not meant to be all-inclusive of the goals and accomplishments of the organization to date, it shows the results of tremendous efforts
by committed and dedicated volunteers over the past several years to grow RHSAA into a healthy organization that can serve its mission of supporting
Roosevelt High School, its alumni and surrounding community.
See the Goals and Objectives document for the background information on the vision, challenges, long-term and short-term goals of RHSAA.
- Established RHSAA as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit association with a board of directors, bylaws and standing committees.
- Established a Homecoming Parade and other related Homecoming activities including Alumni Dinner Honoring RHS Alums and gathering alums from all classes.
- Created a database of more than 2,000 RHS alums.
- Developed and designed Rough Rider support signs to be placed in local businesses in partnership with Anderson Signs. The signs were sold as a fund raiser.
- Partnered with the School of Engineering at the University of Portland and RHS students to build a parade float. The float then appeared in the St. Johns Parade and the Rose Festival
Starlight Parade in front of 250,000 people and many more on TV.
- Kadel's Auto Body shop produced the RHS motorized football helmet which also appeared in local parades.
- Worked with Feeder school development and alignment and support services.
- Engaged the various community stakeholders to see RHS as their school.
- Helped pass the Bond Measure for the modernization of Roosevelt.
- Tim Nishitani designed a sympathy card and multi-purpose card usage, Barb at the ESD provides printing and Melinda Stoneburg arranges for cards to be sent to family members.
- Supported a variety of RHS related projects: TRAC, Athletic events, Drama, Academics, Arts.
Finance & Development Accomplishments
- Planned and implemented activities to establish a stronger financial foundation for RHSAA based on the goals of making a small profit on the alumni dinner, raising money at the dinner
(wine grab), and completing a year-end appeal.
- Developed and approved a fundraising policy.
- Acquired and began using financial software.
- Established financial books & reporting.
- Filed appropriate tax returns.
- Established procedures for receipts of funds and disbursement of funds.
- Reimbursed expenses pending for establishment of RHSAA.
- Established Donor List of 2011 and 2012.
- Sent acknowledgment letters to each donor for 2012 donations in January 2013.
- Conducted a successful year-end appeal to establish operating funds.
- Established an active History/Archivist committee.
- Secured all Rose Festival Princess and Queen Pictures.
- Secured Student Body President pictures from 1948 to 2001.
- Obtained authorization from Principal and Vice Principal for Heritage Hall to display the pictures of Rose Festival Princesses and Student Body Presidents.
- Secured trophies and stored in basement of RHS.
- Secured and stored various yearbooks from school storage.
- Held a successful alumni dinner and homecoming events.