← Return to Volunteer Page
Time Commitment of approximately 12 hours/month.
Participation will primarily virtual and over email, with occasional in-person meetings.
We are seeking 1 leader for this role.
This leader should have experience in marketing, public relations, writing/editing,
social media management, or another related field.
We are in the process of revamping our Communications Committee and are searching for a leader to help pave the way! We are looking for a new Chair,
someone who enjoys organizing people, strategizing new ideas, and has a passion for detail. This role will interface with almost every aspect of our
organization; from our historical preservation work to our student support grants, it all flows through the Communications Committee at some point!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates quarterly emails to be sent to the alumni mail list with updates on the Association and RHS.
- Does not necessarily collect all information, but ensures another Committee member does.
- Does not necessarily write all emails, but assigns other Committee members to do so.
- Proofreads and signs off on all emails written.
- Oversees all communication between the RHSAA and outside news sources.
- Any items being submitted to newspapers or other news media must be done by the chairperson, not a Committee member or other board member.
- Oversees and approves all new volunteers seeking to serve on the Communications Committee.
- The chairperson is responsible for confirming all nominees and volunteers wishing to partake in Committee duties to ensure the
RHSAA voice is in capable hands.
- Host Communications Committee meetings at least quarterly to discuss action items for the Committee to discuss and complete.
- Meetings can take the form of in person or virtual/email depending upon the needs of those participating.
- Meetings may need to take place more frequently than 4 times per year, up to the discretion of the Committee.
- Attend Executive Committee meetings to coordinate needs to and from the Communications Committee.
- Executive Committee meetings happen every other month and the chairperson should attend 4 of the 6 per year at a minimum.
- Maintain "branding" that all RHSAA communications items must meet.
- Maintain the document that specifies the guidelines for content, quality, and tone of all communication created on behalf of the RHSAA.
- Ensure this "branding" is followed by Committee members in their various duties.
- Provide on-boarding support to all new members of the Communications Committee.
- Include basic instruction of duties and expectations.
- Teach how to use tools used by the Committee for communication purposes (i.e. MailChimp, Facebook Pages, etc).
- Convey "branding" of the RHSAA and how to utilize guidelines.
- Lead the development of special interest contact groups.
Interested in volunteering? Send an email to our Association President at firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line "Communications Committee Chair" to learn more.
We can't wait to have you join us!